Introducing our chef, Chad Townsand….
Ask Our Chef a Question
Question for the chef: How do you recommend preparing boar?
I like to cook the boar with some stewed vegetables. Right now since tomatoes aren’t quite around I’ll use really delicious canned tomatoes.
Recipe : Boar Medallions with tomato and shallot
4 ea boar medallions
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
Salt and pepper to taste
6 lg shallots, sliced in thick rings
1 sm can San Marzano tomatoes
Optional: 1 cup white wine
1) season all sides of boar with salt and pepper
2) toss medallions in flour until well coated, shake off excess flour
3) in medium high sided pan add 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
4) when oil is hot but not smoking add boar
5) sear boar til golden brown on all sides
6) remove boar and add shallots
7) when shallots are soft add wine and tomatoes
8). When tomatoes get hot add boar and cook until internal temperature is 150 degrees.
9) serve with potatoes or asparagus or risotto
10) eat and enjoy!